Consultancy & In-School Support
As School Improvement Partners, we provide support and challenge to schools through the development and implementation of School improvement/development plans. We carry out termly visits whilst also providing flexible and tailored support packages which can include support for Governors, Head Teachers, Senior Leadership Teams, provision of Continuous Professional Development or additional planning, monitoring and evaluation meetings.
NUMBER OF VISITS
At least one visit per term (usually more – depending on need)
TYPICAL FOCUS OF VISITS
(Flexible, depending on need)
Focus on leadership and management, self-evaluation and planning and a termly summary report to school leadership.
Focus on quality of teaching, assessment and pupils’ attitudes to learning and a summary report to school leadership.
Focus on outcomes and standards and a summary report to school leadership.
We act as a critical professional friend to schools, helping their leadership teams to evaluate their schools’ performance, identify priorities for improvement and plan for effective change.
We also assist in building the schools’ capacity to improve pupils’ achievement and to realise other key outcomes for pupils that bear on achievement, thereby, contributing to whole-school improvement in the schools.
In-School support could include any of the activities below, depending on the specific needs of the school:
- Development of School and Departmental Development/Improvement Plans.
- Senior and middle leadership development, reviews and coaching.
- Support for the development of quality teaching and learning across the school.
- Subject reviews.
- Developing effective provision to support all pupils including those at risk of underachieving.
- Head teacher performance management.
- Pupil data and reviews of Special Educational Needs including issues relating to pupil wellbeing.
- Review of safeguarding processes.
- Email and telephone support or advice when needed.
- External validation of school self-evaluation.
- Termly reports to governors.
- Enhanced support for headteacher or senior leader recruitment.
- Advice with headteacher management review and objective setting (if requested).
The cost of consultancy varies depending on your school’s specific needs.
To find out the exact cost for your school, please contact us:
Benefits to Schools:
- The development of leadership and management expertise in the school.
- Practical, evidence based – Continuous Professional Development Training.
- Validation of the school’s quality of outcomes, teaching and learning, assessment, personal development, behaviour and well-being, leadership and management.
- Identification of key priorities for improvement.